Bell Aliant Speedstream Router Setup for Smart DNS Proxy
The following setup instructions is only needed one time. Once you finish the initial setup, you won't be needing to take the same steps anytime. Your connection will work automatically *anytime!
1. Open Your Browser and Navigate to the Router Home Page. *You can get the instructions how to reach your router home page from your router instruction document.
2. Press the Advanced Icon on the top-right.
3. Press Home Network Icon on the left.
4. Press the Advanced Settings Icon.
5. Press Configure the Local Home Networking modem Ip Network.
6. Press the Custom Settings link.
7. In the DNS field, enter the following value. Ensure Use Wan is UNCHECKED! Chose the DNS server closest to your physical location.
8. Click on Apply and Wait for the Reboot.
Make sure to RESTART your Router!
* Remember whenever your PC/Router IP changes, our service will stop working for you. You will need to LOG INTO Smart DNS Proxy and UPDATE your IP address so that our system could check your IP address and add your new IP to our database. Then, you will be able to continue using our service. If this is the first time you set up, we also suggest that you log in with your PC to our site from the same Wired/Wireless network to show our system your IP address.