Windows 8 Setup for Smart DNS Proxy
1. Open Windows Explorer and Click on Computer. Then Open Control Panel on the toolbar.
2. Click on Network and Internet.
3. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
4. Click on Change Adapter Settings.
5. Double Click on Your Connected Network Adapter.
(Make sure to select the network adapter your PC is using to connect the Internet. If you are using wireless, then select any connected wireless adapter. If you are using internet with ethernet, then select connected ethernet adapter. You should see connected adapter as coloured and not connected with red cross dimmed coloured)
6. Click on Properties.
7. Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
Then Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then Click on Properties.
8. From the General Tab Click on Use the following DNS server addresses.
Fill the DNS fields with the closest Smart DNS Server IPs to your physical location. You will find the Server IPs below:
Preferred DNS server : Enter the IP of the closest physical location from the list
Alternate DNS server : Enter the IP of the next closest physical location from the list
The list of IP addresses of our DNS severs can be found on our DNS Server List here: https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/Servers.
* Using the closest servers of your physical location will give you better speed of dns resolution.
Make sure that Validate settings upon exit is checked and then Click on OK.
9. Windows network diagnostics will try to identify any errors, please wait until it finishes. Then Click on Close.
Please make sure to restart your PC now and then visit www.smartdnsproxy.com and LOG INTO your account so that our system could identify your IP address to work with Smart DNS Proxy services. Otherwise, our service will not work.